Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Camp

Well, I've been going to the hospital every morning for two hours, then going to the orphanage and then returning to the hospital in the afternoon, early evening. I have grown so attached to David, the boy with Cerebral Palsy who I visit at the hospital (who is normally at the orphanage). His little mouth opens and he laughs when he sees me come. We always fill our time with activities like being held, walking around the room (with him in my arms), listening to my iPod, eating (which takes him a LONG time), or giving him a massage. David loves the massages and the music, but he seems the most responsive to being held with his face near mine. I ask him to give me a kiss and put his open mouth to my cheek and make the kissing sound. He does not have the muscle control to pucker his lips. You should hear the beautiful sound of him laughing when I tell him that he has kissed me! :)

Tomorrow early I leave for a camp in the mountains with the orphanage. Some British volunteers are going to accompany us! Please pray for a successful time in the mountains, for peace and harmony with the staff and volunteers and kids! I pray that kids are exposed to a different world. They are so excited to go to camp. Today my Romanian friend mentioned having the 3-year-old sleep with me. I like this idea, but the 3-year-old is still being potty trained so I need to wake up in the middle of the night and take her to the bathroom to avoid an "accident." Needless to say, I am so excited about camp! I am planning on bringing my guitar and singing worship songs! I pray that God use us!

1 Comments:

At August 28, 2008 at 11:35 AM , Blogger Mom said...

Dear Marilyn,
I will be praying as you are at camp that God will use you for His glory! You are such a blessing to that little fellow you have grown to love in the hospital with CP. How difficult it must be for you to say goodbye to him. We look forward to picking you up in just a few days.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home