Friday, July 11, 2008

twelve-year-old Alexandra

When twelve-year-old Alexandra is happy she lets out a brief high-pitched squeak. To hear this twelve-year-old autistic girl squeak, I pick her up and spin her around. When gravity pulls on her, she seems to like it. She is twelve, and somewhat heavy for me to lift, so after a few "spins," I try to pull her around or lay her on the long couch and pull her by her feet and hands. Alexandra doesn't always show signs of happiness that I can understand, so her high-pitched squeak means a lot to me.

2 Comments:

At July 11, 2008 at 4:10 PM , Blogger Mom said...

eMarilyn, what a blessing you are to both Alexamdra and Roberto. I can remember some people asking me why I gave so much time to children who had special needs as they 'would never amount to anything.' How wrong they are. God loves these children as much as normal kids...perhaps more so as He has a special interest in orphans and widows. Keep up the good work!

 
At July 11, 2008 at 8:37 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Marilyn,
I am embarrased to report that I am just now finally reading your comments on your blog! You have been in our prayers and your picture is on our refrigerator:o) You are truly doing God's work loving these sometimes unloveable kids. Vomit, feces, emotional outbursts and all of it are not easy or fun I am sure....but you are blessed to be a blessing to them, so continue to walk in faith and be Christ's hands and feet on earth. We love you....Peter says "hi" too. Let us know if you have specific prayers or needs ok?
Love, blessings, prayers,
Janet Miller & family

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home