Friday, August 1, 2008

Juice

Today I took Adriana, a girl who is about 20 years old with Cerebral Palsey, for a walk outside. Adriana, because of her CP, spends most of her time in her bed. Days can go by without someone putting her in a wheelchair. Thanks to some of my training at Green Pastures, I am able to put her into her wheel chair without asistance, and can also give her a bath without aid if required. I thank God for how he has used my training at Green Pastures in so many ways. Once outside, we bought bottles of juice. Though the bottle cost about $1.75, Adriana couldn't stop talking about her juice. Oddly enough, she didn't want to drink any of it. She told all the childcare staff that she had some juice when we returned to the orphanage and offered them some. She was eager to share. I think she just wanted to feel that SHE was doing something for others rather than being served all the time. I let her call another volunteer on my cell phone. "Come to the orphanage," she told them, "I have some juice for you!" In the end, I think Adriana needs much more than juice. She needs someone who will help her go out and buy some. She needs someone who will drink it with her. She needs someone she can give to without receiving anything in return.

1 Comments:

At August 1, 2008 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Mom said...

We leave for Peru tomorrow morning early. We have so much to be grateful for when compared to your little orphans. It helps me to pray that there would be someone who would be there for your little ones onces you leave...it helps me realize that I have so much compared with them. I love you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home