Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tantrum

Vasile is about 12 years old and most likely a genius, though he can not speak and has never learned sign language. Besides not speaking he has other handicaps as well. I took him on a walk outside the orphanage grounds today. His teacher said he could only be out for 15 minutes. I told him as we left and he was giggling with excitment that we had to come back in 15 minutes. When we returned he threw a horrible tantrum. He wanted to walk more. Fifteen minutes was not enough. I felt so bad for him. I hope his teachers and care givers will still allow me to take him out even through he threw this tantrum ...

I also got to walk with another older girl outside. She was scared to even leave the orphanage. She didn't know how to behave in public, but I think it's good for her to get this one-on-one time with an adult and to begin to be confortable with the neighborhood around her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home